How to use your Loriest & Co scented candle
Treat your hand-poured candle with love and care to ensure you gain the very best experience every time you light it.
- Let your Loriest & Co scented candle burn for at least two hours, or until all the wax on the surface has become liquid. This will help prevent the natural plant-based wax from ‘tunnelling’ down around the wick. This is especially important the very first time you use your candle - wax has a memory!
- For your scented candle to burn evenly, ensure the wick is upright. Trim to 5mm before every burn.
- Do not light your scented candle when there is less than 5mm of wax left at the bottom of the glass vessel or when the wick base is visible, and do not burn for longer than four hours at a time.
- Naturally, never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not place a lit candle in a draught, near curtains or in direct contact with a surface that has a fine finish and is not heat resistant.
- Never move a scented candle that is lit or in a liquid state.
- Extinguish your scented candle with care, we recommend investing in a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame gently.
- Keep your candle out of the reach of children and pets.
When your scented candle has finished, clean out and upcycle the recycled glass vessel into a flower vase or pencil pot.